Saturday, November 10, 2007

Solid Gold

Today Bruce and I taught a class on color characteristics. No, we are not qualified, just willing to say yes to others. Our youth had their youth conference today at a local college. We were one of the instructors. The focus was learning leadership skills. The class we instructed was about learning your personality types and how they can serve as a tool for discussing and understanding True Colors. Orange represents "active," Gold "structured," Green "independent, " Blue "interactive." The saying is true that the one presenting always learns the most.

This project was very insightful. Bruce and I learned why we cannot cook together in the kitchen (i might add here that Bruce is also gold but not as intense I scored 20 while Bruce was a 16). The reason we don't work so well together is that one of the gold characteristics is being in control. It works best if he cooks the turkey and I make the pies. Each in control of our own project.

As a gold person my needs are: stability, consistency, organization (this one I knew..I hate a messy home), appreciation (so tell me how much you appreciate my daily blogs), and time (I think this means my eight hours a day of uninterrupted, whatever i feel like doing time. I must have at least 8: from 8am when I drop the kids off to 3pm when I pick my sweet children up).

My stress and frustrations come from: lack of control (if every one does it my way we will all be happy), change (i might add i do ok with this i think), disloyalty (yes, always be loyal to me or just don't let me find out), Financial insecurity (refer back to my five blog about what would I would do with a million dollars: invest, invest, invest) and inconsistency(probably why I do not care for Hillary Clinton).

Finally the things gold characteristics value: loyalty, dependability, perfection(which is not always the best thing), responsibility, honesty. I'm revealing a lot about my self but i might add that GOLD describes me to a "T". It was fun learning the different color characteristics. It would be fun to know what color all of you are.

Have a great night, sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Jennica said...

I would love to see the test that you took so that Steve and I could see what we are too. Maybe you could do it for a new post. :)

Annie said...

Me too, I want to take the test. I think you and I are very much a like. I too would invest, don't worry. But, I would probably get a new car and a pedicure first!!!

katie said...

Link the test please. I need to figure myself out.