Thursday, November 8, 2007

Live

Bruce and I were returning home last night after being out and we passed 3 mule deer, 1 angry bull trying to be herded off the road and back home by two anxious police cars (lights flashing and all), and one buck. Only in Montana:) To note we were only 15 minutes from home.

This morning i have been trying as President Hinckley said, "Try a little harder to be a little better."
I thought that this quote from his wife echos his comment.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon (i might add a mini-van)that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Mrs. Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and I really lived." (Marjorie Pay Hinckley)

Have a great day! and get out there and LIVE!

6 comments:

Jennica said...

What a perfect comment to start off the day. Thank you!

katie said...

That's great. Seriously, we need more people in this world like Sis. Hinckley. Thanks. Oh, and your new John Denver song added to your list....you ought to hear Liz sing it. She's almost better than John Denver. I'm sure she'll be glad you added it.

lizzie said...

great quote again! love it!

lizzie said...

and wild montanna skies? my FAVORITE song to sing at the top of my lungs!

Cindy Spratling said...

Thanks Natalie. I needed that today. Also... looks like we'll be seeing you in a few weeks (Dec. 28 AND 29). Them Spratlings are CRAZY! Can't wait!

Cindy Spratling said...

PS: I've found another Billings connection to you guys. My roommate is married to Aaron Getz, who's father is your Stake President (I think that's what is was). Do you know him?