Friday, January 16, 2009

Sunday Mornings

Our Sundays are a lot more relaxed since we are now on the afternoon, 1:00 schedule. We love it. Finally a day to sleep in. Let me preface this. My love was raised a farm boy and does not believe in sleeping in. He would rather get up early & take a nap in the afternoon (if he needs one) than burn daylight. This particular Sunday Bruce was under the weather so he stay in bed which allowed the rest of the house to sleep in until 8:30 which is unheard of in our house. My kids are just like their Dad and get up most mornings around 6am. On weekends they are usually out of bed by 6:30 or 7 at the latest. That is without the help of an alarm clock. I use to love sleeping in but after 18 years of marriage I am beginning to appreciate the beauty of early mornings.

This last Sunday, since we had more time then we knew what to do with, Parker made us hot cinnamon rolls. He had a little help from Mrs. Rhodes. They tasted delicious! (Note: Parker just loves posing for pictures.)

I love this new found extra time on the Sabbath.
Note: He even waited until the very end to lick the spoon..good job!

9 comments:

katie said...

I've decided that I'm neither a morning person or a night owl.

I did decided though that your kids are going to be fabulous cooks one day. Maybe they can be my cook in my aging days.

Jenny said...

My mouth is watering. It is almost cruel to post a picture of those. I just might make some tonight.

We are morning people too. My kids are always up early, and I grew up that way.

Amie Orton said...

nat i load up my pics on photobucket, makethem any size iwant on there then copy and paste the HTML code onto the post. sorry i.m typin with left hand while feedin naomi :)
amie

natalie said...

Because it's 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep (took a nap today and shouldn't have) I am SOOO grateful church is later now. I am so hungry and have such a sweet tooth right now that clicking on your post was a bad idea. Now I'm going to the pantry. Thanks a lot!

Voice of Reason said...

Parker...I hope you washed them down with a couple of 32oz Mountain Dews

Annie said...

katie and i are alike...i am not a night person or a morning person. i like to sleep, and eat. wow, nice combination!

schuring family said...

Hey Parker
Good job on the cinnamon roles. They looked yummy. I could almost taste them.

John and Carol said...

Parker, you are awsome to fix cinnamon rolls for the family, even if you did get some help from Mrs. Rhodes. You will be an amazing companion for some luckey guys that don't know how to cook. Love you.

John and Carol said...

parker, let me clarify that last statement, when you are on your Mission.