Sunday, November 25, 2007

"While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads"

I am so thankful for Sunday afternoon naps. We have a Sunday tradition in our home - after church we have a one hour "quite time" where everyone goes to their room for one hour. You can take a nap, read, or what ever you wish but you must be in your room and you must be quiet. After one hour you can come out. My nap usually lasts a bit longer than just an hour but it is much welcomed sleep. I am just grateful for one day to rest from my daily cares.

3 comments:

katie said...

I am 100% jealous!

mickey said...

Me too! I really miss my sunday naps-we have 1pm church. I can hardly wait until January.

JAGBHansen said...

Hmmm...I will have to start doing this with my kids, after they grow out of their naps. I am hoping it lasts atleast two more years! Is that wishful thinking? Great idea, Nat. You are such a great example.