Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Few, The Brave, and The Ugly


Yesterday was our first day to, Finally!, hit the slopes. It was a beautiful day, sunny, and no wind. The day was perfect up until the last run when Parker was side swiped by a fellow snow boarder who lost control. It caught him by surprise from behind and knocked the wind out of him. When he met up with me in the lodge he said, "maybe snowboarding is not for me". Minutes later Bruce came in and stated what a run he had. It was "awesome" but had misjudged the bottom of the hill and wound up on his back. He was fine, just bruised his ego a little. Today Parker asked when our next ski day was and can't wait to get back on the mountain. What a difference a day makes.


I decided to enjoy the weather and the slopes and opted to leave my camera in the car while we skied, thus no ski photos. You can imagine this to be me, it looks pretty similar (ha!)

As we drove home, through the small town of Red Lodge, we enjoyed a fun sight of those few that survived Turkey Day.













When we arrived home the only two that were ready for bed, after a fun day of skiing, were Bruce and I, the kids were wired. Oh, to be a kid again.







3 comments:

Annie said...

I never imagined any of you would be skiiers. That is great. I'm positive I would break something. I'll have to have Dan go with you! He really wants to, but his boring wife...oh well. Beautiful pictures...Nat you look great:)

JAGBHansen said...

Congrats Parker on the transition over to boarding! Woohoo! Johnny and I will have to take you up if you come down to Utah sometime soon :) What a fun day! I can't wait to be able to have "Ski Days" with the kids! We are actually going to take Gennovah up this year, it should be quite the experience...

katie said...

I'm afraid of skiing. My knees would break in half I'm sure. I'm better just sitting and watching.