Thursday, April 9, 2009

Farm Life



The past two weeks we have enjoyed our mornings feeding baby lambs. Every year our dear friends pick up anywhere from 10-14 bum lambs and raise them. In the first stages they have to bottle feed the lambs every 4-6 hours. It is quite an ordeal. This year Hannah, Sidney, and I wanted to help with the 6am feeding. Every morning bright and early we headed over to our friends farm and enjoyed feeding each lamb a bottle. With four of us we were done in no time. Especially when we would sometimes feed two at a time. The lambs have now moved on and do not require bottle feedings. It was fun enjoying farm chores while they lasted. Next week Parker picks up his pig and we will be back to taking care of animals for a while. Truthfully, I think I am enjoying this farm life.

10 comments:

Annie said...

i'm not a morning person. but, i would sacrifice if you needed me to help:)

schuring family said...

That looks like fun. Alli would love that.

Amie Orton said...

You guys are so great, volunteering to get up at 6am... i would be like Bailey and Park.. sound to sleep. But then again sleep is very very precious to me these days. I know I'm preaching to the choir, mother of triplets, but still. I have a goal to become a morning person, but today is not that day!

katie said...

I'd be no help. I had to feed my friends dog the other day and that was enough for me. The pictures are very cute though.

Tyler and Kristen said...

That sounds great! we will be out of town this week anyway, and hopefully the weather will be nicer in a couple of weeks. Oh, and I can't thank you and your family enough for comming to feed, It was so nice not having to get up at 6am everyday to help Mom!

Voice of Reason said...

I'm really glad Parker is getting another pig. I remember the last one fondly every time I have a BLT or a sausage Mc Muffin.

Jenny said...

I can't wait to move to my farm town.

Bethany said...

Looks like fun! I've always wanted to experience farm life. A week or two would probably be enough for me.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Your lambs are so cute. It sounds like you and your family are doing so good. I love the colors you used for the grils' rooms!

Cindy Spratling said...

We could totally do a Spratling-thon! That really would be a sight to behold, all of us running around Bear Lake! Too funny!