Saturday, December 3, 2011

it's the most wonderful time of the year


In years past we have traveled to the mountains and searched for the perfect tree. The last two 3 years we have settled for the artificial pre-lit one that we have in our storage, not quite the same.
So this we resurrected our old tradition and went with our friends to Red Lodge to cut down the perfect tree.
We played in the snow


Not everyone dressed for the occassion.
We spent time fixing the contacts

some trees we cut didn't quite fit on their ride

We did make it home, decorated our tree,
we're excited to enjoy the holiday season

5 comments:

Annie said...

love it! i want to go back to red lodge...but in the summer:)

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Your tree looks great! I've never cut my own tree, but it looks so fun. Would you mind telling me what kind of camera you have again? I'm tired of blurry fuzzy pictures. Yours always look so nice.

natalie spratling said...

sarah the camera is a Cannon Rebel 3TI.

katie said...

We went to the mountains once to cut our tree down. I was 7 months pregnant with Erin. Oh, was it ever an experience!
Love your pictures~

Tabby said...

Love your pictures! What a fun tradition. I've seen the gigantic tree on the black GMC in real life, and I must say it is quite breath taking!

I love real Christmas trees but we are just using our fake tree this year!

Lovely pictures friend!