Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting an Education





With the crispness of Fall in the air we head back to school. Not only did the kids prepare for a new year of learning but I myself was able to enjoy cracking the books so to speak at BYU's Education Week. It was a great week of learning "how to" on many subjects - from being a better parent to organizing my home. I learned more about the Willie/Martin Handcart Co. as well at why my mind and Bruce just don't work the same way...which to point out is a very good thing. I learned how to speak more effectively in church (I don't have to put this into action any time soon). I also learned where they make the best malts in Provo, where the Cafe' Reo is located and what is fabulous on the menu (we ate there several times). I also learned that one chocolate mint brownie, while on campus, is just not enough. I also received an education on when to and not to exit Provo. I am so not use to having to sit at a light while it changes from red to green and back to red again. We just don't have these customs in Montana or should I saw we don't have enough stop lights to impliment these customs.

It was a fabulous week of learning and eating out. The only down side is I did not get a chance to visit with my dear friends in Utah.

7 comments:

katie said...

Those kids are ENTIRELY not old enough to be that old! They look sooooo grown up. Ugh. Glad you had fun at education week. To think, you were only 30 minutes away....um, Cafe Rio.

Tyler and Kristen said...

I think I knew the rest of those "Provo" hints, except for the malt, do tell! Where can I find the best shakes?!

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Hey! It's good to read an update from you. I've missed reading about what you've been up to! Miss ya.

Amie Orton said...

so fun! I need to learn all those things your just learned. Sidney's hair looks so darling up like that. I just really like it! so grown up. so grown up.

Cindy Spratling said...

Beautiful kids! I mean, teen-agers! I love the back to school pictures. We miss you guys!

Voice of Reason said...

Thanks for eating at Cafe Rio. Since they opened, there are a lot less stray dogs about.

John and Carol said...

Natalie, Sounds like you had a great time at Edu. Wk. It is great to get a chance to absorb all that good information, and then there is putting it in to action, which I know you are good at doing. We loved seeing the kids first day of school. We missed the porch post to see how much they've grown, however it's a great look. Your children are growing up and looking beautiful and handsome.Love You