Tuesday, July 28, 2009

He's Smok'in




Last Saturday Bruce treated us to a delicious meal of smoked ribs. He has wanted a smoker since we've been married and finally after 18+ years bought himself one. A month ago our ward had a class for all those interested in learning how to smoke meats...I guess you could call it "enrichment for men". He learned a lot and had to try it out on us. He researched different rubs(seasonings) and tried two out on the family. We are hooked. It was divine, absolutely delicious. Parker's comment, better than Famous Dave, and that's saying a lot since that's his favorite place for ribs. Bruce wants to smoke something every Saturday. I'm all for it...I told him he could cook every night if he wanted to. Scrumdidlyumptious

10 comments:

Annie said...

that looks heavenly!!! i think i'm extra hungry now. i have been researching recipes for how to cook ribs...guess i need to buy a smoker and have some lessons from bruce!

Amie Orton said...

i was impressed with BRUCE until you showed him actually spelling the word:Scrumdidlyumptious!

Bruce needs to teach my dad his "smokin skills" I think my dad has a smoker too, that he has never used...

Jenny said...

double drool...those look so good. i think i will drive up there for dinner.

katie said...

Dang..... I showed Mike and he made some weird, jealous noise. The man LOVES ribs and loves to cook them too. I'm a good eater of them.

Dave & Colette said...

Oh!Yum! We'll be there next weekend. David bought a smoker years ago. Never has used it.

Paige said...

Can he give Taggart a lesson?

Jennica said...

YUM! YUM! YUM!

Tabby said...

I had no idea Bruce was into smokin'. Looks fabulous!

natalie said...

Hey Matt went to that class...but no smokin at the Warnick household. I might need to show him this post, Oh yeah, and we might need a smoker too. I have 18 years right???

Tyler and Kristen said...

we miss you guys!!! Hope Bailey is still practicing guitar! Thanks for everything while we were there, we are sad to leave, but I know we will be seeing you guys around!