Monday, January 5, 2009

Ring Out the Old Ring in the New


The last of the surviving Christmas treats. You have served us well. You made our holidays oh so sweet and helped us ring in the New Year helping us keep toasty and warm with all that added insulation. It is time for us to say so long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen good-bye.

Hello to anti-oxidants. We are finishing off our Costco crate of pomegranates. They also served us well through the holiday season. They filled our stockings Christmas Eve and made us feel good that we did something right for our bodies amidst the platters of cookies, the mounds of toffee, the pillars of pretzels and the seemingly endless squares of spice cake. I am so glad we made that Costco purchase and chose to eat healthy this holiday season!?!

3 comments:

katie said...

Sooooo depressing to give it all up now. I've been drinking tons of water pretending to be healthy again.

Jenny said...

I love pomegranates. But I think I would pass one up for one of those spice cakes!!!!

Cindy Spratling said...

You are tempting me!!! I would also pass up a pomegranate for anything chocolate! But I am happy to say that I am off to a great start this year when it comes to being healthy. You should come run with me in April, the Havasu Half Marathon!