Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's in a Name?

We would like to introduce you to Parker's pig. He is a Poland China, Yorkshire Cross for all of you non-pig enthusiasts that is his breed. Parker and Bruce drove to Cali, a city in Wyoming, not Cali the State and picked up this little pig, along with nine of it's siblings and two from another litter. They dropped off six of the little piggies to other fellow swine enthusiasts and brought the other five little piggies to their new home.
This will be their new home for the next four months. At their new home they will live the good life of daily walks, grand buffet meals and mud baths in the local stream. The only thing we need now is a NAME for him. We welcome your suggestions. If we like your suggestion you could win an all expense paid trip (road trip that is, we'll pay for your windshield washer fluid) to Montana to have your picture taken with this world famous PIG! To steal a line from Charlotte's Web...He's SOME PIG.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

katie said...

I'd like to name Parker's pig "porker" but i'm not sure how you'd feel about it. So really, you'd pay for our gas all the up to Montana. What about lodging along the way, and food? Just curious. How about siggy the piggy. Or Dr. Leo Marvin? I can already tell I'm going to win.

natalie spratling said...

Katie, I said you could win a trip,big emphasis on COULD. We'll let you know. Good suggestions, I especially Like Dr. Leo Marvin.

JAGBHansen said...

Ghana B. Bacon--That's our suggestions (you know, kind of a take on the breed and adding a little twist of what it is eventually doomed for) Anyway...we would love to visit! PICK ME! PICK ME!

Annie said...

I like the dog drinking the Diet Mtn Dew, my kind of dog!
I'm not very creative. I would call him piggy or something, or Sam. Guess I'll have to pay for my own trip up!

Jenny said...

Bradley's suggestion...Inkey

Randy's suggestion....Pork Rind

Jenny's suggestion... P. Iggy, or Spam

That is some pig. He is so cute.

Cindy Spratling said...

Oscar! This pig's name is Oscar! That's what I say!

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Hey Nat and fam. I always look at your blog, but am now just figuring out how to leave comments. Don't laugh! Cute animals. Were those pictures taken in your yard? It's beautiful! Thanks for all the comments you leave me!

Amie Orton said...

We think Orson is good pig name.. not so creative,, but a good solid name just incase he decides to become a lawyer or something when he grows up.. Of course Porker,, but I know Parker hates that..