Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brace Yourself




We're tightening things up around here. We have become a little laxed and decided it is time to straighten things up and put a smile on.

Posted by Picasa

Our conversation on the way to the Orthodontist this morning @ 9am -

Parker: "Nick (a friend from school who has braces) said you should get something cold after they put on the braces. We should probably get me a frosty."

His is always thinking about food.

Mom: "That sounds like a good idea. I'll get you a frosty if you let me take your picture."
Knowing how much my son loves frosties I figured this would work. I find that bribery works well.

Parker: in his monotone, slow drawl voice - "O Kay Mom".


I love this boy.


8 comments:

Annie said...

Jim would have bought him a 44 ounce Dr. Pepper or someting similar! I don't think he'll be smiling when the pain kicks in. I hear its only for a few days thought! Good luck!

katie said...

Way to go Parker. Make sure your mom knows that you need a frosty every time you go to the Orthodontist. Your teeth look awesome. Love that smile.

carla said...

Now the girls all have their glasses and Parker has his braces! You should all be good for a while!
Thanks Natalie for keeping us up to date! Love Grandma

Jenny said...

I used to bend a paperclip, put it in my mouth and pretend I had braces. I was so jealous of my friends that had them. Looking back I am glad I didn't need them, but I really wanted them back then. Parker looks so handsome in his braces.

Amie Orton said...

haha! I love hearing your dialouge.sp? I love Parker he makes me laugh so hard just thinking about him..oh man.

Cindy Spratling said...

Congrats on the braces Parker! Joe just got braces also. I love that he "needed" something cold afterwards :)

JAGBHansen said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up! I remember my braces! I had colored bands for the first time and then gray, how un-fun am I?! You will get used to them Parker! It's a little rough at first, but hang in there.

Dave & Colette said...

Way to go Parker now Joe & Sam are going try and pull that one on me.
Just Kidding! Love Ya Parker!