Monday, March 31, 2008

Feeding Time


Another sign of Spring is feeding our friends lambs. Each year our friend picks up 12-14 lambs and raises them. For 3 - 4 weeks we get to help out with their feedings. You feed them milk from a bottle. She has them all numbered so we know which lamb we have fed. The kids love taking care of them. She feeds them every 6 hours (6am, noon, 6pm and midnight). We help out with the 6pm feeding. The girls really want to do a midnight feeding...we'll see. The baby lambs are so cute, they just nuzzle right up to you. It is so fun watching the kids with them. They (my kids) can't get enough of them (the lambs) or maybe it's the lambs can't get enough of my kids. All I know is that my kids are in heaven. If it was up to my girls we would help out with every feeding.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennica said...

My kids would love this too. How fun for your family!

Jenny said...

They are so cute. That would be so much fun. I don't know about the midnight feeding...but the day time would be a riot.

Annie said...

I HOPE THEY AREN'T GOING TO END UP IN YOUR FREEZER LIKE PARKER'S PIG!!! GREAT PICTURES.

katie said...

I love the pictures but I probably don't love baby farm animals. Don't get me wrong, they're cute and all I just don't want to touch them.