Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Thanksgiving Day Plans
We are getting together with two families who moved up here, from Utah. Our Thanksgiving menu:
Turkey (a given)
Ham (Mr. Kevin Bacon)
sweet potato/yams (a friends recipe)
stuffing
corn
home-made rolls and strawberry jam
mash potatoes and Bruce's gravy
pies: pumpkin, blackberry, apple, peach, banana cream, coconut cream, chocolate
We are doing the turkey, ham, corn, and half the pies so we will be eating gooooood for several days. Thanks giving weekend.


I love this time of year and am grateful for a day to reflect on all that I am thankful for. I am so grateful for all the basics (my family, home, friends, the gospel) yet this year I am grateful for LIFE. Having a dear friend pass away just three months ago it has made me realize how precious and short life is. I am grateful to take one breath at a time. I am also grateful for this new found means of communication of Blogging and all my blogging friends. I am also grateful to be living the simple life. Fishing and hiking and cliff jumping in the summer, ice skating on the pond in the winter. To me it is like stepping back in time, another era, where for a moment time stands still. These are a few of my favorite things, and no I am not going to break into song, that I am grateful for.



Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

lizzie said...

happy thanksgiving!

katie said...

It all sound so good. I hope you have a fabulous day. Tell everyone hi!